Friday, November 22, 2013

G2D Swapmeet Scavenge September-Now (11/13/13)

It took me nine days to finish this. And I almost certainly forgot multiple things of interest. I'll probably just start a second list if it turns out I neglected a bunch of stuff. You can call it lazy, I'll call it conveniently productive.

It's been too long since we did one of these, for better or worse. Based on the following, you'll probably be driven to conclude that it's for a bit of both.

We didn't buy a whole lot of gaming stuff, and not all of this was purchased this last weekend or in my presence, so I don't have all of the specifics that I would usually detail, but I wanted to cover some of the cool stuff we've obtained in the last few months, and so I will.





1.
Purchase:    Sega Dreamcast Console, Controller
Purchased by:     Stevie Jay
Year Released:     1999
Date Purchased:     Some time in the last two months. I think.
Other Significance:    The Dreamcast may not have the most significant library as far as quantity is concerned, and the same can probably be said regarding quality. Even still, there are a handful of exclusive games for this console that made this purchase a favorable option. Actually as far as Stevie Jay is concerned, all it needed was a version of Rush. As of this moment, I don't think he actually has any games for it, but apparently he was able to play music CDs with it, so more than likely it functions as would be desired for all of our purposes. Play-through suggestions anyone?



2.
Game:    The Legend of Zelda
Purchased by:     Anglerte
Platform:     NES
Year Released:     1986
Date Purchased:     September, at the Ventura Comic Con event. For more information, and if you're really adventurous, watch our video concerning it, which includes the purchasing of this game:
Price:     10$ or something in that general vicinity 
Other Significance:     We have access to an NES, but until this Saturday, it was tucked away, smothered with dust and fairly useless. We did get around to cleaning it off and hooking it up however, and after a little difficulty with cleaning the cartridge, we confirmed that this game does indeed function properly. 




3. 
Game:     Rampage: World Tour
Purchased by:     Jburitto (for Anglerbe/Anglerte)
Price:     13$
Platform:     Nintendo 64
Year Released:     1998
Other Significance:     The box is thrashed. But hey, if you didn't already hear, it came with a box.



4.
Game:     Donkey Kong 64
Purchased by:    Anglerte
Price:     10$
Platform:     Nintendo 64
Year Released:  
Other Significance:    D.K. Kong. Donkey- I can't remember the rest. But Stevie Jay put over one-hundred hours into this game, so I can probably spare a few myself.



5.
Game: Turok 2: Seed of evil (Black)
Purchased by: Porpoisemonkey
Price: 3$
Platform: Nintendo 64
Year Released: Too long ago
Other significance: This game is super rare.


Because this is a collection of various purchases that we have made over the last few months, and because I don't have the same information that I usually would before making one of these posts, and additionally because on Sunday we made very few video-game purchases as a group, we don't have a video update to accompany this post. We will, however, be putting these things to use as soon as possible in regard to recording and the G2D YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment