Friday, February 17, 2012

Are Games Too easy?

There is an ongoing problem with Video games today, they are too easy. Many times i will be exploring a dungeon in skyrim or Killing a psycho in Borderlands and realize that there is no real chalenge to the game. Games today are usually set on the easiest difficulty and where is the fun in that? Today i started playing Batman Arkham City and i sliced through these enemies like butter...
Why would they make it this easy for me? I realized that the further the game progressed they would throw new things at me but i was only getting better. the enemies were trailing behind in skill level while my skill was increasing. I stopped playing batman and started to play the game Fallout New Vegas. I know: "not another fallout new vegas story" but when i started a new game. it asked me if i wanted to do the game in hardcore mode only they made hardcore mode sound like the hardest thing on earth making people not want to play hardcore mode. I know right now i sound like im trying to preach to you but all i'm saying is next time a game asks you what difficulty you wan't, say EXPERT.

3 comments:

  1. Unless you're playing Resident Evil or something similarly difficult. In Resident Evil, choose the easiest possible mode unless your up for a good challenge (or a vigorous challenge if you choose the hardest difficulty.) But overall, many games are too easy these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why you should play hunting games. It's a miracle if you can actually find something.

    ReplyDelete