Sunday, January 13, 2013

Games That We Hope to Hear and See More of in 2013

1. The Last Guardian

The third game from Team Ico was announced quite some time ago, but there hasn't been a lot of information released regarding it, and overall it seems to have remained in the shadows... of the colossus... Anyway, I have no intentions of rushing Team Ico, and hope that they take as much time as they need to perfect the game (which they undoubtedly will accomplish), but it would definitely be nice to have a good update about its progress, and, if possible, its release date.

2. The Last of Us

I'm wondering if there's a pattern to this... Yet another PS3 exclusive, this new game from Naughty Dog is basically Uncharted with zombies... Which come to think of it already happened... Nevertheless, more of something good is fine by me IF it is good. While there's definitely more information out there about this game than The Last Guardian, the big question still stands: Will this game live up to the greatness that the Uncharted series built up?

3. Battlefield 4

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a brainless shooter addict who knows nothing but Call of Duty and Battlefield. However, I did enjoy both 1943 and BF3(I'm yet to play some of the earlier games), and so the announcement of Battlefield 4 so shortly after the release of Battlefield 3 was a little concerning to me; is Battlefield going to fall to the same two year cycle as Call of Duty? While it may be too early to make any assumptions like this, I do hope to hear a little more about just how Battlefield 4 will differentiate itself from the previous installments.

4. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

After waiting SO LONG hoping for a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, a game I thoroughly enjoy and consider one of my all time favorites, Nintendo finally announced this game for the 3DS. I haven't as of now acquired a 3DS, but if this game is half as good as the original, I'll find a way. Even though I often find 3D to be nothing more than a gimmick, I don't doubt that this game will benefit from the third dimension if properly applied.

5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Patriots

The Rainbow Six series is one of my favorite series of first-person shooter games due to the tactical and stealth oriented gameplay. I loved the first and third games, and I hope that Patriots stays true to the series and incorporates a similar stealth approach. Yet again, not much has been announced about this game as of yet, especially regarding gameplay, so we have a lot to look forward to this year.

6. Call of Juarez Gunslinger

After the horrible mess that was named The Cartel, Techland has (thankfully) returned Call of Juarez to its proper place in the Wild West era. Whether or not it will be as good as the first two games is an entirely different thing, but as of yet there is too little evidence to make a decision one way or the other. If this game is anything like Bound in Blood, though, I think this series has a pretty good shot at redemption.

We may be updating this list in the future. In the meantime, we will hope for more info about these and more. Don't be afraid to leave a comment about a game(or games) that you are looking forward to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment