Saturday, February 2, 2013

Top 10: Anglerte's Favorite Games 2013

I've decided to revise my list from last year, as I've played some new games in the time that has elapse that I believe deserves a place on such a list as this more than some items on my previous list. Also, the "45 Nostalgic Games" segment helped me recall some games from my past that I had neglected to consider last year. Because I went into fairly specific detail last year, this year, I'll keep my comments for each item concise. I was debating whether or not to arrange them in a certain order, and I was leaning towards just listing them randomly, but I ultimately decided that the way I organized my list last year (better to best) was the most efficient method to use for this type of list.

10. Warhawk



Once again, I had difficulty deciding whether or not to keep this game on the list, but even after a year of considering games that could take this one's place on this list, I highly respect this game for how it persuaded me to enjoy an online-multiplayer-shooting game; these games have composed a large part of the video game market in the past few years, and many of them have been quite repulsive. Warhawk, however, isn't gimmicky or shady in any way; it's there to be played for fun, not serious, aggressive, vulgar competition, and that's how all games should be. Starhawk is successful in this way as well, but , despite it's superior gameplay enchantments, innovative ideas and updates, I couldn't quite bring myself to enjoy it quite as much as this one.

9. Luigi's Mansion



Nintendo's take of an excellent survival horror game.

8. Shadow of the Colossus



A simple adventure game that feels like an adventure and hosts considerable challenge when such a thing is desired by the player.

7. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves



It feels like an action-adventure movie. The story is intriguing, dramatic, sometimes comical, sometimes mysterious, and always entertaining. The gameplay is equally enjoyable. I also included "Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception" last year, but after some consideration, despite major enchantments made to the multiplayer portion of the game, I feel like the campaign was very very very slightly less... engaging?... than its predecessor's.

6. Deer Hunter 2



This game contains certain elements (slightly beyond that of nostalgia) that make it enjoyable to play for long periods of time.

5. Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age



When regular hunting games seem boring, these games makes great filler and thrillers.

4. Sonic Adventure 2



Sure, the voice acting is cheesy, and there are some plot holes, but the final battle and main theme alone go far beyond making up for these things.

3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time



There's plenty to say about this game, but I'm not going to waste my energy.

2. Resident Evil REmake



It does its job well; it's somewhat terrifying, intriguing, mysterious, challenging, entertaining, and fun. I had a hard time deciding which one to list, but ultimately decided upon the enhanced version of the game that started the series.

1. Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter 3



This is everything a hunting game should be. There's a strong feeling of adventure and challenge, and every trophy feels earned rather than granted. It's one of my most nostalgic games, and is my favorite game of all time.

There are several games that came very close to making this list, but, as I only allowed myself ten slots, I was forced to ax them. It is a possibility that I will revise this list yet again in the future as I recall other games that I currently do not remember, and as I experience new games (new in the sense that I have not yet experienced them, not necessarily games that are yet to be released or that have recently been released) that I find to be greatly enjoyable and entertaining. Please leave your comments in the comments section, and be sure to check us out on Youtube! As I stated in a recent update (I posted it like an hour ago), the rest of the finale will soon to be published, so be on the look out, and be sure to check out the first part, which I will post to the blog immediately after I publish this post. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment