Sunday, April 7, 2013

Update 4-7-13

I'm going to use this post as an excuse to ramble about various topics that I feel should be mentioned even if they aren't entirely relevant. Or I might not. I opened the blog knowing there was some stuff I wanted to talk about, but I didn't actually lay out any mental plans that systematically organized they way I would present the information in text form. Oh well, the first thing that comes to mind (now that that's out of the way) is the new freaking Youtube design.

I was really hoping that this was going to be some sort of sick and twisted April fools joke (it would have been pretty rich I do admit), but then they came out and tried to convince us they caught a fatal case of the stupid and were going to delete all of our videos. They really didn't do a very good job of convincing anyone (I would hope, but I guess there's a good chance someone somewhere believed it.) But just anyone out there was starting to get excited about winning something shiny, I decided to whip this video together, with my own personal time and effort. Your welcome.

Anyway, the new design looks pretty inconvenient all around, but the organization of the home page stands out more than anything to me. Everything just seems much more cluttered and overwhelming (not in an exciting way, either). The lack of color schemes and background images makes the whole thing seem dull and tasteless, having playlists shoved in your face instead of recent uploads and featured videos is just stupid,      the banner and icon placement is ugly, and the basic information ("about") section is shoved in the back and fairly disorganized and difficult to scan over. It's just ridiculous as a whole. Their priorities are the complete opposite of what they should be; all the junk almost no one cares about is slapped on the front page and the information that should be immediately accessible, including overall views, subscribers, and featured channels  in buried in the back, under the last tab. Yes, even featured channels are in the very back, making them almost useless. How many people are going to dig through channels they're on just to find other related channels? Maybe if they really really really liked someones channel, they may consider looking into their recommendations, but beyond that, using the featured channels section as a form of advertising has pretty much been made an extremely inconvenient and essentially obsolete practice. I'm not sure if you can readjust the default page to suit your preferences, but it really doesn't matter. Google is trying to turn Youtube into some sort of wanna-be social network (not a useful, entertaining, and convenient one like it has been, but one for extremely casual and personal use [for lack of a better way to describe it] like the video section of Facebook). I just really don't like the direction they taken the whole thing in. Google needs to stop trying to bring Plus into Youtube. They're separate and they should stay completely separate. 

Moving on, the Nostalgic Games. We haven't been able to resume this segment with Porpoisemonkey because we haven't been able to do much of anything with Porpoisemonkey lately, but we'll try to resume and complete this segment as soon as possible. The Same goes for our Silent Hill Let's Play, which, as any of my Youtube subscribers know, we recently continued.

We might be getting a Wii U in the near future, but I'm still not too certain. If we do, I'll probably make a video asking viewers what games they would like to see gameplay of and other stuff of that nature. If you have any recommendations concerning Wii U games or you have anything to say about the console itself, please do leave a comment in the comments section. If nothing else, we would probably get it for the Resident Evil: Revelations port and the ports of some of the best Gamecube games there were(obviously Wind Waker and Mario Sunshine, although I have mixed feelings about the latter). Hopefully they'll expand their library of Gamecube ports as the console progresses, but I'm interested in seeing some original stuff as well.

Also, if anyone could like this video, I would very greatly appreciate it. 15 likes means I get to beat up Porpoisemonkey on camera. He agreed to it. Well, he didn't say anything against it. That I heard...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, please subscribe to us on Youtube, comment on this post or whatever where ever when ever bye.




No comments:

Post a Comment