Sunday, August 11, 2013

Anglerbe's Soundtrack of the Week

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2006 Season

Lodge Theme
Believe it or not, there was once a time when Cabela made decent hunting games, and not Call of Duty Animal Edition. Even though to my knowledge this is the only track in the game (that doesn't belong to an animal's foot, that is) it is the ultimate emphasis of Cabela's glory days. Back when their hunting games were, you know, HUNTING games. I originally had this game on the PS2, and never managed to beat it until years later I got it on the PC and played through it. The game actually takes a sort of linear approach, and yet it works really well as a hunting sim. It serves as proof that hunting games can in fact have workable adventure modes. As for the soundtrack itself, the soothing, classic, western, acoustic tune summarizes the theme of the game. I can say with some certainty that this is one of my all-time favorite soundtracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment