Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Anglerte's Soundtrack of the Week


Sonic Adventure DX


This mysterious and otherworldly theme benefits the game as a whole with a strong sense of intrigue and depth that wouldn't necessarily have been present in its absence. Not only is this one of the most memorable themes from the game (until I replayed this game around a year ago, this was one of only two themes that I could recall with some degree of vividness, the other obviously being "Open Your Heart") Specifically, the glamour of the jungle area and the story of the echidna tribe are amplified significantly, to the point where I was driven to explore the Mystic Jungle as thoroughly as possible, even when made fully aware that the proceeding mission was located elsewhere. The fact that I have no idea what the strange voices are trying to communicate certainly works to absorb my curiosity, but end the end, I think it was the application and context of the theme that allowed it to impress me so thoroughly and successfully as it did and does. For better or worse, no other track in a Sonic game has come even moderately close to reproducing a similar effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment